Location: Prudhoe Bay
Job Type: Full-Time, Slope Rotation
Description: Looking for an Underground Utility Locates / Survey Technician to join our Ground Disturbance Mapping team. Qualified candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of relevant field experience. Responsibilities include successfully researching target area information, locate and mark underground utilities in the area, in accordance to our client’s needs using Electromagnetic and Ground Penetrating Radar equipment (GPR). Updating all digital files with findings and convey findings to client in a clear concise manner.
Minimum Qualifications: The selected candidate must be able to pass background and drug tests, and have a good driving record.
Prefer 3 or more years utility locating experience using GPR. Must be proficient with Autocad Civil3D. Must have survey field experience.
- Ability to complete field sketches and document all work.
- Capacity to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Capability to work 11.5 or more hours a day, weekends and 3 week rotation schedule in remote site.
- Computer skills needed for ACAD, GPR, EM 61 data analysis, MS Office.
- Survey experience using GPS (RTK, Static), total station, level.
- Sensors and Software Smart Cart GPR experience or equivalent.
- Geonics EM 61 electromagnetic metal locator experience or equivalent.
- Dynatel cable locator experience or equivalent.
- This position also requires the ability to stand, lift, carry, push and pull materials that are an average weight of 35 pounds, up to 70 pounds
- Successful candidate is required to be able to work alone and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- This position requires the candidate to display a high aptitude for learning and retaining new knowledge.
- This position offers a competitive salary and benefits along with the opportunity for significant challenges and rewards.